Arrow Announcements, Speculation & Wild, Irresponsible Conjecture

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

dwk

Re: Arrow Announcements, Speculation & Wild, Irresponsible Conjecture

#2776 Post by dwk » Fri May 31, 2024 7:36 pm

Altered States is something that Arrow would definitely go for. It is also something that Shout would have gone for if it were available. That's what makes it kind of difficult to guess what Arrow has and the ones they've announced so far aren't exactly filling me with confidence that anything good is actually going to be a part of the deal. Would be nice if Arrow teased a good film, even if the release is a ways off.

ryannichols7

#2777 Post by ryannichols7 » Fri May 31, 2024 8:03 pm

that's very true. hopefully we start seeing some WB teases in the postcards soon, though my copy of The Shootist came with a card for Ringu...which has already been out for a little bit, so they may be behind

if the titles are all of this caliber I'm not sure why they'd sign the deal in the first place. not to mention these Titan titles don't really have a whole lot in the way of new features either, which would of course be a reason to release them

Calvin

#2778 Post by Calvin » Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:19 am

I'd certainly be in the market for an Arrow release of Altered States, but given that it's already available in HD I'm hoping that Arrow picked up the Warner Russells that are MIA - Lisztomania and Savage Messiah. I suspect the odds are quite long though.

I do wonder if Arrow have managed to get any of the Tsui Hark titles that Warner have. I think they have The Blade, The Lovers, and Love in the Time of Twilight.