Sony MOD Blu-rays

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
captveg

Re: Sony MOD Blu-rays

#126 Post by captveg » Mon May 18, 2020 4:28 pm

June titles are starting to show up on Amazon

6/9/20

Anne Frank Remembered (1995)
Brian's Song (1971) (TV Movie)

swo17

#127 Post by swo17 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:37 am

So our current understanding is that Sony MOD titles are only BD-R if you buy them directly from Amazon, and are pressed if you buy them from Deepdiscount, correct? When did this change? Can I get pressed BDs of Marie Antoinette, The Bitter Tea of General Yen, Toni Erdmann, Wiener-Dog, and Welcome to the Dollhouse if I order them from Deepdiscount?

EDIT: Sorry, I think I was confusing Paramount with Sony, but my question still stands as to whether any of these titles are available pressed from certain retailers

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#128 Post by domino harvey » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:18 am

No, and I wouldn't expect them to be so unless Sony announces a reissue. I feel like they have done at least one formerly BD-R title to pressed with this line, but I can't remember what it was. And to be clear in case anyone is confused, copies of new Sony MODs (ie recent releases, not the titles swo listed) are pressed from Amazon, I can confirm firsthand

And you can get Marie Antoinette in a pressed double feature from Mill Creek

Aunt Peg

#129 Post by Aunt Peg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:57 am

I'm not sure what is going on with Sony-BR. I can confirm that I purchased Welcome to the Dollhouse from Amazon when it was first released and the disc was pressed. From what I can gather Bitter Tea & Toni Erdmann are BD-R from wherever you purchase them from but Welcome to the Dollhouse is pressed.

Happy to be corrected on what I have posted but that is my understanding.

swo17

#130 Post by swo17 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:58 am

That's good enough for me to try for the Solondz. I'll report back as to whether it's still pressed when ordered direct from Amazon