Where's my MoC?

News on Eureka and Masters of Cinema.
Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

Re: Where's my MoC?

#626 Post by Drucker » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Blue Angel arrived in New Jersey this morning!

matrixschmatrix

#627 Post by matrixschmatrix » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Is Kevin@eurekavideo.co.uk still the email address for damaged orders and so forth? I had a problem with one and emailed last weekend, but still haven't heard back.

Emak-Bakia

#628 Post by Emak-Bakia » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am

That's a good question, matrix. I've sent several emails since November about getting a replacement Joan of Arc steelbook (since mine arrived in two pieces, completely separated at the spine), and Kevin's responded a few times letting me know that he was waiting for the extra steelbook cases to arrive or that he was going to include it with another shipment, but I still have yet to actually receive a replacement. The last email I sent a week ago has gone without a reply. It seems very uncharacteristic of the response I've received from Kevin and Eureka regarding such matters in the past.

matrixschmatrix

#629 Post by matrixschmatrix » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Oh, I should have updated- he got back to me and sent a replacement.

Kauno

#630 Post by Kauno » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:00 am

I just received my Mabuse steelbook and it was rattling like hell. Luckily only the two clips that hold the booklet were broken. Oh well I still feel sorry for me :cry: but not enough so to bother Kevin.

Black Hat

#631 Post by Black Hat » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm

The couple of times I've placed an order thru Eureka it's arrived in less than a week. This time I placed an order about two weeks ago that's yet to arrive, thing is I'm moving at the end of the month and as they're not very interested in answering any emails do you guys think I'm getting this by the end of April?

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#632 Post by swo17 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Was your order a pre-release? Either way, I'd say just wait it out until you move and if you don't get your package by then, let Kevin know your new address and I'm sure he'll send a replacement.

Black Hat

#633 Post by Black Hat » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:48 am

No pre releases but I did go a little overboard with how much I ordered so perhaps that's the issue. I'm sure it'll arrive by the end of the month, at least I hope it will. I'm actually moving Monday but have the old apartment til May 1.

april 12 edit: and they have arrived!

AK

#634 Post by AK » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:26 am

Black Hat wrote:No pre releases but I did go a little overboard with how much I ordered so perhaps that's the issue. I'm sure it'll arrive by the end of the month, at least I hope it will. I'm actually moving Monday but have the old apartment til May 1.

april 12 edit: and they have arrived!
Glad to hear that! I ordered four on March 17th, and they haven't arrived yet... I guess they're stuck at customs or something equally gloomy. In comparison, the Jeanne d'Arc pre-order took two days to get here.

AK

#635 Post by AK » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:03 am

Hurrah! Bakumatsu taiyô-den arrived today!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#636 Post by domino harvey » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 am

How long does it take for orders to arrive lately? I haven't ordered from Eureka directly in forever but placed an order almost three weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Amazon.co.uk takes six days! Am I a victim of the infamous MoC disappearing orders, or is this normal?

Murdoch

#637 Post by Murdoch » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:11 am

Send an email to kevin@eurekavideo.co.uk

I haven't ordered in a while either but nothing has ever taken three weeks for me in upstate NY

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#638 Post by swo17 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:18 am

Did your order include any new releases? If not, I'd say three weeks from when you placed your order is about the time to contact Kevin and report it missing. (Not that it always takes that long, but that it rarely takes longer.)

Emak-Bakia

#639 Post by Emak-Bakia » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:49 am

I order most of my MoC discs directly from Eureka and it seems to pretty consistently take two weeks to arrive in Pittsburgh. Then again, most everything I order from the UK (including Amazon) takes two weeks. If I were in your situation (and I have been), I would wait until I'm past the three week mark before emailing Kevin, but I know how difficult waiting can be when you're really eager to watch a movie.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#640 Post by domino harvey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Murdoch wrote:Send an email to kevin@eurekavideo.co.uk
Do you hear back when you send something to this email, or does your package just show up or what? I don't really want to file a PayPal report but I'm kind of turned off by how this is turning out

Black Hat

#641 Post by Black Hat » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:59 am

I never have but the package does eventually show up.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#642 Post by swo17 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 pm

I typically get a response, not just a package a few weeks later. If you haven't heard from him, he might be out of town, or have somehow missed your original email. You might try emailing again, or contacting MoC on Twitter.

I understand that this can be frustrating, but I'd just note that any problems I've ever had with direct-from-Eureka orders have always eventually been resolved.

Max von Mayerling

#643 Post by Max von Mayerling » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:36 pm

I had a problem in November (received dvd instead of blu). They replied to my email after 3 days. Sent me a blu and told me to just keep the dvd. So based on my experience, I'd follow swo17's advice.

vsski

#644 Post by vsski » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:38 pm

While in my experience it has never taken more than 3 weeks, one time I received the package without any discs in it (whether they fell out in transport as the package was open on one side or got swiped I don't know). I contacted Kevin, got a reply within a day and was told a new set would be shipped to me. That new set never arrived - whether it was ever shipped I don't know. I again contacted Kevin, was told another set would be shipped and that indeed did arrive after a few weeks.
So whatever the problem is, I can't think of anyone offering better customer service. I'm sure one way or another you will receive what you ordered.

fdm

#645 Post by fdm » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:59 am

My experience is that when you ordered a few discs (3 or 4 in my case), that they didn't typically tape the ends of their wrapper closed. One time both of the ends arrived sticking out open but the dvds fortunately were still inside. Another time I got a package that started out as blu-rays but ended up with some random stuff inside, guessing the box had come open since it wasn't taped shut, and somebody just put what s/he thought would be fun things to get in it instead (not knowing what had been in there in the first place), then taped it shut and sent it along. And I think there was one more time when the original shipment didn't show up at all. But everything was eventually taken care of, so aside from a little frustration it works out in the end.

After that (short in retrospect) run of bad luck, I now request they seal the box with tape when I order. Usually they comply and nothing like that has happened since. (So far :).)

Oh, and 3 weeks is about as long as I can recall an order taking to arrive, usually it's better if it's a small one (a week or so). But it's pretty random all in all.

Eureka

#646 Post by Eureka » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:18 pm

domino harvey wrote:
Murdoch wrote:Send an email to kevin@eurekavideo.co.uk
Do you hear back when you send something to this email, or does your package just show up or what? I don't really want to file a PayPal report but I'm kind of turned off by how this is turning out
Have you emailed me? No outstanding emails, send it to me again - Kevin@eurekavideo.co.uk

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#647 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:22 pm

Thanks Kevin, I've resent the email to you, hopefully it arrives okay!

Eureka

#648 Post by Eureka » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:37 pm

domino harvey wrote:Thanks Kevin, I've resent the email to you, hopefully it arrives okay!
Reply should be in your inbox :)

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#649 Post by domino harvey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:42 pm

So as to not leave aspersions about this company hanging in the air, thanks to Kevin my package arrived safely last week (about a week after the above exchange) \:D/

Emak-Bakia

#650 Post by Emak-Bakia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:13 pm

I know it’s long after the fact, but I, too, would like to make amends for my unfavorable words towards Kevin at the top of this page. I received my replacement Joan steelbook shortly after posting that. I wouldn’t want anyone to think that Eureka have anything less than the best customer service in the business. I’m going to have to send Kevin a Christmas card or something.