Non-MoC Eureka Titles

News on Eureka and Masters of Cinema.
djvaso

Re: Non-MoC Eureka titles?

#201 Post by djvaso » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Paul on Lovelockandload Forum wrote:IMPORTANT ACTION REQUIRED – All versions of FACCIA A FACCIA to be cancelled UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Unfortunately I regret to inform you that we are having to pull ALL FORMATS of FACCIA A FACCIA (FACE TO FACE) from the release schedule.

In the last week, some further unforeseen production issues have arisen regarding this particular title, which has led to us making the decision that it would be in everyone’s best interests for the title to be cancelled completely for the foreseeable future, until all these production issues have been resolved.

We hope you appreciate our continued commitment to producing product of the highest possible quality, and will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and amend your records accordingly – full details below

EKA70020 - Dual Format edition (containing both a Blu-ray and a DVD) – CANCELLED
EKA70020 – Blu-ray – CANCELLED
EKA40324 – DVD only – CANCELLED
:shock:
Last edited by djvaso on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#202 Post by swo17 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:06 pm

I blame Finch's wallet.

peerpee
not perpee

#203 Post by peerpee » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:30 pm

We bit off more than we could chew (and it wasn't cooked properly). Sorry.

All hope is not lost, but we thought it best to take it off the schedule completely instead of continuing to muck about.

perkizitore

#204 Post by perkizitore » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:21 am

Any reason you are re-releasing Junebug?

eerik

#205 Post by eerik » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:59 pm

perkizitore wrote:Any reason you are re-releasing Junebug?
Kevin wrote:It's been out of print for some time now. We're re-releasing it at a lower RRP

Finch

#206 Post by Finch » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Who Can Kill A Child? is Eureka's next title, due May 23, and DVD only (Kevin confirmed on blu-ray.com).

knives

#207 Post by knives » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Isn't that the Spanish horror film? I've been meaning to see that and am glad if it is the title I'm thinking of.

ccfixx

#208 Post by ccfixx » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:20 pm

I included "Who Can Kill A Child?" in my annual horror movie-a-thon this past October. I highly enjoyed the film and was quite surprised that it had taken me this long (33 years) to get around to watching it. I felt the Dark Sky Films DVD release was adequate, and I would snatch this up in a hurry if it were being released on blu-ray from Eureka but I guess it's not meant to be right now.

djvaso

#209 Post by djvaso » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:09 pm

All production issues have now been resolved for the following title, so has now be rescheduled for release – details below

PRESS RELEASE: FACCIA A FACCIA, a film by Sergio SOLLIMA is to be released on DVD ONLY on 20 June 2011

- Long-awaited spaghetti western - a beloved classic of aficionados - never before released to an English speaking market on DVD
- Starring Italian legends Tomas Milian (Traffic, JFK) and Gian Maria Volonte (Le Cercle Rouge, A Fistful of Dollars)
- Directed by spaghetti western maestro Sergio Sollima (The Big Gundown, Run Man Run, Revolver, Violent City)
- Music by the legendary Ennio Morricone (The Good The Bad and the Ugly, Cinema Paradiso)
- Featuring English and Italian soundtracks, both fully subtitled

SYNOPSIS:

One of the best films from Italian genre master Sergio Sollima (The Big Gundown), Faccia a Faccia (Face to Face ) is a gangbusting western saga and a gripping parable of the rise of fascism. Upstanding history professor Brad Fletcher (played by the incomparable Gian Maria Volonte) is forced into retirement by his poor health and moves west for the warmer climate. Almost as soon as he arrives, however, he is taken hostage by famed bandit Solomon Bennett (the great Tomas Milian) in an accidental confrontation, and by necessity is forced to take up with his cohorts. But the learned man's growing identification with the gang encourages him to stage a takeover from Bennett, and a new crueller system of leadership is put into place.

Produced by Sergio Leone's longtime partner Alberto Grimaldi, featuring stunning Techniscope cinematography, and a pounding score by il maestro Ennio Morricone, this long-requested Italian western makes its first appearance on Blu-ray anywhere in the world from a beautiful high-definition master, with both English and Italian soundtracks.

Faccia a Faccia (Face to Face ) is to be released as on DVD on 20 June 2011

SPECIAL FEATURES:

- Original Italian audio with newly translated English subtitles,
- US & Italian Theatrical trailers,
- Interview with director Sergio Sollima, lavish 16 page booklet containing new essay by spaghetti western expert Howard Hughes

Label: Eureka Entertainment

Catalogue No: EKA40324
Barcode: 5060000403244
Release Date: 20 June 2011
Certificate: 12
Run Time: 92 min
Format: 2.35:1 OAR/ Colour
Genre: Spaghetti Western
Director: Sergio SOLLIMA
Year: 1967
Language: Italian
Subtitles: English (Optional)

Eureka

#210 Post by Eureka » Wed May 11, 2011 11:50 am

Coming in July.Another title will also be released on the same date, I'll get some info up as soon as we can.

zedz

#211 Post by zedz » Wed May 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Nice cover!

FerdinandGriffon

#212 Post by FerdinandGriffon » Wed May 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Blu-ray? Should at least be cheaper than the Fox Twilight Time.
Last edited by FerdinandGriffon on Wed May 11, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knives

#213 Post by knives » Wed May 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Sweet deal, out of curiosity do you have any other Fox titles in the wing particularly any that are also coming out through their Twilight Time branch? I'd love to see an anamorphic Violent Saturday.

Eureka

#214 Post by Eureka » Sat May 14, 2011 1:37 pm

There's another release planned for July. Anyone found it yet?

antnield

#215 Post by antnield » Sat May 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Murdoch

#216 Post by Murdoch » Sat May 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Woulve love to see a blu-ray of the MacKendrick.

joshua

#217 Post by joshua » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Over at Blu-ray.com, Kevin dropped a hint about two upcoming theatrical and DVD (possibly Blu) releases from Eureka. After a little searching, I found that the two films in question are Guilty of Romance by Sion Sono and The Yellow Sea by Na Hong-jin (see MOC/Eureka discussion over at Blu-ray.com and this Twitter page).

Finch

#218 Post by Finch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Sono's new film and The Yellow Sea are excellent purchases for Eureka, and I hope that both titles get released in HD. More of that, please! How about Saya Zamurai (by Hitoshi Matsumoto) to be released in Japan in June, or the new Koki Mitani pic Once In A Blue Moon/Suteki na Kanashibari due in late 2011? Koki Mitani is woefully underrepresented in the West and it'd be a timely reminder that the Japanese can excel at smart comedy.

knives

#219 Post by knives » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:16 pm

I wouldn't mind, if we're looking at Japanese comedies, some Yamada either. What little of his massive amount of work that is available in the west suggests one of the greatest talents alive today.

Finch

#220 Post by Finch » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:12 pm

Eureka confirming theatrical release dates for the Sono and The Yellow Sea in their press release:
EUREKA ENTERTAINMENT to distribute Guilty of Romance and The Yellow Sea in the UK & Eire

EUREKA ENTERTAINMENT would like to announce that they will be distributing the Japanese film Guilty of Romance & the Korean film The Yellow Sea (Hwanghae) in the UK & Eire.

Guilty of Romance is the erotic thriller by Japanese cult director Sion Sono (Love Exposure, Cold Fish) which premiered with a Gala Screening at the Directors' Fortnight at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year. The theatrical and DVD rights for the film were acquired by EUREKA from Films Boutique and will be released theatrically on 30 September 2011 in selected cinemas nationwide.

The Yellow Sea, starring Yun-seok Kim is a Korean crime drama directed by Hong-jin Na who won critical acclaim for his previous film The Chaser. The Yellow Sea was selected to screen as part of the Un Certain Regard programme in Cannes.

EUREKA ENTERTAINMENT will be distributing The Yellow Sea in the UK on behalf of BOUNTY FILMS, who acquired the theatrical and DVD rights for the film from Showbox/Mediaplex. The Yellow Sea is set for release on 21 October 2011 in selected cinemas nationwide.
Maybe Kevin will be able to confirm if there's going to be a 6 months window between the theatrical release and the home video release (hopefully Blus for both)?

What A Disgrace

#221 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Mark Rappaport's Rock Hudson's Home Movies and the Silver Screen: Color Me Lavendar are up for pre-order at MovieMail. The former contains a sneak-peak of the latter, and the short film Blue Streak, while Silver Screen contains the short film John Garfield.

Crossing my fingers for The Scenic Route.

antnield

#222 Post by antnield » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:24 am

The Digital Fix on Faccia a faccia.

Tribe
The Bastard Spawn of Hank Williams

#223 Post by Tribe » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:42 am

Faccia a faccia has finally shipped from Amazon UK!

Eureka

#224 Post by Eureka » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Tribe wrote:Faccia a faccia has finally shipped from Amazon UK!
Wow, what a wait! They've had stock since before the release date. And we've had it for 10 days now, did they give you any indication as to what the delay was? Let me know and I'll look into it.

Tribe
The Bastard Spawn of Hank Williams

#225 Post by Tribe » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Eureka wrote:
Tribe wrote:Faccia a faccia has finally shipped from Amazon UK!
Wow, what a wait! They've had stock since before the release date. And we've had it for 10 days now, did they give you any indication as to what the delay was? Let me know and I'll look into it.
No big deal for me. But I placed my order back in October. Since then I received two emails I believe delaying the release. But there was no other explanation. I'm just happy it's on its way.