Eureka: Fright Night

News on Eureka and Masters of Cinema.
rapta

Eureka: Fright Night

#1 Post by rapta » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:15 am

December 26th according to Zavvi.

Currently available as a Limited Edition Dual Format Steelbook, but hopefully there'll be a standard Dual Format Edition too.
He's sweet, sexy, and he likes to get in late. You might think he's the perfect neighbour. But before inviting him Jerry in for a nightcap, there's something you should know. Jerry prefers his drinks warm, red, and straight from the jugular! It's FRIGHT NIGHT, a horrific howl starring Chris Sarandon as the seductive vampire and William Ragsdale as the frantic teenager struggling to keep Jerry's deadly fangs out of his neck. Only 17-year-old Charley Brewster (Ragsdale) knows Jerry's bloodcurdling secret. When Charley can't get anybody to believe him, he turns to TV horror host Peter Vincent (Roddy McDowall), who used to be the "Great Vampire Killer" of the movies. Can these mortals save Charley and his sweetheart Amy (Amanda Bearse) from the wrathful bloodsucker's toothy embrace? If you love being scared, Fright Night will give you the nightmare of your life!

Eureka Classics is proud to present this iconic modern horror classic in a new Dual-Format special edition.

SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:
  • 4K digital restoration
  • Original stereo PCM soundtrack and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio options (on the Blu-ray)
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hearing-impaired
  • You’re So Cool, Brewster! A new two-hour version of the definitive 2016 documentary on the making of Fright Night, focusing on the first film, created exclusively for this release
  • What is Fright Night featurette, a 2016 video piece featuring cast and crew interviews (BLU-RAY ONLY)
  • Tom Holland: Writing Horror, a 2016 video piece featuring interviews with Holland and his collaborators (BLU-RAY ONLY)
  • Rowdy McDowall: From Apes to Bats, a 2016 video piece featuring archival footage of McDowall and cast and crew interviews (BLU-RAY ONLY)
  • Fear Fest 2 2008 reunion panel featuring Tom Holland, Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Stephen Geoffreys, Amanda Bearse, Jonathan Stark and moderated by Rob Galluzzo (BLU-RAY ONLY)
  • Shock Till You Drop Present Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek, a three-part video interview on the film (BLU-RAY ONLY)
  • The full electronic press kit, featuring extensive on-set interviews and behind-the-scenes footage (BLU-RAY ONLY)
  • Stills and memorabilia from Tom Holland’s personal collection (BLU-RAY ONLY)
  • G-rated and R-rated theatrical trailers (BLU-RAY ONLY)
  • PLUS: a booklet featuring a new essay by Craig Ian Mann (STEELBOOK EXCLUSIVE)

Costa

Re: Eureka: Fright Night

#2 Post by Costa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:34 am

wow, didn't see that coming..
if the quality is better than the TT, I may have to sell that one.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#3 Post by swo17 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Or if you just want to make $100.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#4 Post by domino harvey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Seriously. All is forgiven for your shitty year, Eureka, because now I get to turn a profit and get a superior product for about a third of my return

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#5 Post by tenia » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:14 pm

The pre-order at Zavvi is not available anymore. I'd be sad if it sold out already.
Costa wrote:wow, didn't see that coming..
if the quality is better than the TT, I may have to sell that one.
The 2nd TT release was reportedly sourced from a 4K restoration, so I guess that's what Eureka will be using. However, the extras look vastly superior, and the encode should be either on par or better (I wouldn't be surprised if they ask David to encode it since it's a 4K resto).

eerik

#6 Post by eerik » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:22 pm

tenia wrote:The pre-order at Zavvi is not available anymore. I'd be sad if it sold out already.
I think the pre-order was put up too early by a mistake. Eureka themselves have not annoucned it yet. I expect it to be available again on Monday.
tenia wrote:The 2nd TT release was reportedly sourced from a 4K restoration, so I guess that's what Eureka will be using. However, the extras look vastly superior, and the encode should be either on par or better (I wouldn't be surprised if they ask David to encode it since it's a 4K resto).
Both TT releases seem to be from the same master, with some minor brightness/contrast tinkering.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#7 Post by domino harvey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Will this be for sale on Amazon or from Eureka directly?

rapta

#8 Post by rapta » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:46 pm

A standard edition will probably either be scheduled for February (like Metropolis), or when the steelbook sells out.

Costa

#9 Post by Costa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:42 pm

swo17 wrote:Or if you just want to make $100.
Would people still buy this at such prices since there are numerous Region free options?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#10 Post by domino harvey » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Cursory look at eBay says yes

Costa

#11 Post by Costa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:52 am

domino harvey wrote:Cursory look at eBay says yes
Yes, I saw those prices and blurays, but I don't know if people buy them or if they remain there unsold.

Noiradelic

#12 Post by Noiradelic » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:02 am

You can check sold listings to see what copies have actually gone for. There's also an auction ending at 8pm EST.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#13 Post by domino harvey » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:33 pm

Didn't realize this release dropped all the commentaries from the TT. Will have to think harder about whether I want to switch now!

EDIT: Turns out both of the commentaries originated online and are still available free for download here. That makes the decision far less difficult!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#14 Post by domino harvey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:22 pm

Costa wrote:
domino harvey wrote:Cursory look at eBay says yes
Yes, I saw those prices and blurays, but I don't know if people buy them or if they remain there unsold.
My copy sold within a few hours of listing, if even that long. They sell!

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#15 Post by domino harvey » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:29 pm

Has anyone been able to actually order this?

Adam X

#16 Post by Adam X » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:25 pm

Eureka! announced the release at the start of the month. It's available for order at Zavvi but is for some reason still not up on Amazon. Apparently the steelbook did indeed sell out already. No booklet in the dual format release.

Luke M

#17 Post by Luke M » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:11 pm

Disappointed by the exclusive Zavvi release. Eureka! doesn't even have this up for sale on their own site.

rockysds

#18 Post by rockysds » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:21 am

Standard Dual Format release up on Amazon for release in April.