RIP Metrodome

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

RIP Metrodome

#1 Post by domino harvey » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:28 pm

JamesF

Re: RIP Metrodome

#2 Post by JamesF » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:51 am

Soda have taken up UK/Irish rights for The Childhood Of A Leader, which is (still) being released in cinemas today.

(Before anyone asks, I genuinely have no idea what's happening with Personal Shopper or any other Metrodome titles, just that we're releasing this one now.)

perkizitore

#3 Post by perkizitore » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:06 am

Fortissimo Films also went under :cry:

rapta

#4 Post by rapta » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:53 am

JamesF wrote:Soda have taken up UK/Irish rights for The Childhood Of A Leader, which is (still) being released in cinemas today.

(Before anyone asks, I genuinely have no idea what's happening with Personal Shopper or any other Metrodome titles, just that we're releasing this one now.)
I guess there's a slight silver lining in amongst all this bad news then. Will you be picking up any of their catalogue titles as well or are 101 Films taking that particular road? Somebody posited on Twitter that 101 might not be a particularly strong position to acquire everything from Metrodome (or even the majority of their catalogue).

I wonder what will happen with Hollywood Classics. Apparently their staff were also let off at the same time. Will it make things trickier or easier now for UK labels who had been using them regularly (Eureka, Arrow, Second Sight etc)?

Calvin

#5 Post by Calvin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:32 am

JamesF wrote:Soda have taken up UK/Irish rights for The Childhood Of A Leader, which is (still) being released in cinemas today.

That's great news. There's no screenings near me, and I was a bit concerned that it might not make it to home video.

manicsounds

#6 Post by manicsounds » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:43 am

A shame that they are closing and even a bigger shame that 101 Films is picking up some of the pieces - as they don't care about transfers or extras. So much for the Transformers Blu-ray then...

rapta

#7 Post by rapta » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 am

manicsounds wrote:A shame that they are closing and even a bigger shame that 101 Films is picking up some of the pieces - as they don't care about transfers or extras. So much for the Transformers Blu-ray then...
The upcoming 2-disc steelbook release of The Transformers is coming from Manga, not Metrodome...

But yes, a shame 101 Films are diving in there because as you say, they're more likely to botch any future Blu-ray releases of these ex-Metrodome title more than most other UK labels would. I hope they don't have rights to absolutely all of them and instead just bought any they might want to release under their 101 Films label rather than just snapping them all up and holding onto them. There are several that are arguably worthy of MoC or Arrow editions.